- to leave work before the cleaning lady comes to empty my trash, for once. speak of the devil, she just came by. "hi...gracias...bye, buenos noches!" [i know you all like my spanglish.]
- happy hour somewhere with swanky, loungey music. just a glass and a well-priced app as dinner. oh wait, most happy hours will be over by the time i get out of here.
- garlic fries as that appetizer would be great.
- good conversation with a girlfriend that lives nearby. oh wait, we're all spread out, so weeknights are virtually impossible.
- to fall into bed right after the above.
instead, i will:
- pack up stuff to work on at home.
- pick up a not-so-fun book on the way home.
- look longingly at the bag of TJ's garlic fries in our freezer. you kinda sorta have to cook 'em all at once, and a whole bag is too much for little ol' me.
- thai takeout for dinner.
- tired conversation with the hubs.
- work some more.
- fall into bed later than my body would like.
i really don't mind doing grunt work. doing it alone on a thursday evening is no fun, though. co-worker is usually around for company. once upon a time, boss would help so it'd go faster.
[random, cutest ice cream/takeout bag ever. ironically, my [hot] soup was in it.]
tomorrow is name change day. wish me luck and short lines!