6.18.2010

last night...

...i found out i'm not as scared of toddlers anymore. i actually had fun playing with a tow-headed, energetic, car- and book-loving one last night. it also helped that we only had an hour to play before his bedtime.

...lakers won!

...i found out i don't mind cats as much if i've taken a [generic] zyrtec ahead of time. i even let one claw then sit in my lap for a bit. in a knit dress, no less.

...stupid LA people lit stuff on fire, etc. as usual.

...i made chocolate guinness cupcakes with cream cheese glaze. yum. really light and moist cake with a lighter-feeling take on cream cheese frosting.

...i made a delicious salad but didn't take pictures and winged the recipe. mixed baby greens, steamed asparagus, tomatoes, grilled yellow nectarines, red onions, feta, ginger + thyme vinaigrette (with fresh thyme from my new plant!). except i forgot the feta at home. oops. maybe i'll try again/test it and write a recipe.

and now i have keyshia cole/p. diddy stuck in my head.

yep, just for you. so you can "enjoy" the music in my head, too.

8 comments:

  1. chocolate guinness cupcakes?! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are growing further apart, my friend.

    xoxo,
    I Still Hate Toddlers and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  3. pshaw. both you and the monkey are great with the bean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that song. I'm grooving to it right now at my desk - thanks for the link! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny, toddlers have never scared me. Babies are still the ones that freak me out. I just feel like I'm going to accidently break them. :(

    The salad sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why new moms erroneously trust me to hold their new babies. Don't they sense that I really don't want to hold them? WHAT IF THEY BREAK??? Hmmm?

    I agree with you though that toddlers are ok. As long as they have good behavior, of course.

    ReplyDelete

comments are tasty!