as you can see, i'm playing catchup and trying to get all my miscellaneous ducks in a row before the madness that is school starts. trust me when i say it's madness. let's just say my undergrad program was probably 1/2 as challenging as the one i'm about to start, and i was a sleep-deprived stressball even then. anyway, so i wanted to share the more fun things about my pseudo-time off as i'm sure you don't care to hear about my thrilling appointments with my tailor and shoe cobbler.
- lunch at cafe contigo. their coffees--sooo sweet but so good. their cuban sandwiches are delish and only around $5 a pop. great lunch place if you happen to live or work in or near anacrime. very cute, clean, and neighborhood/community-oriented. rare for those parts of OC. oh, and i finally got my name changed on some stuff while at lunch. yay. no photos because that would have totally weirded out my college friend/retirement accounts dude.
- trying on a bridesmaid dress at david's bridal. i'm not even gonna link 'em because all their employees really are that bad.
- wine + cheese happy hour at old vine cafe with some anonymous heffas. blond, thin heffas. sigh. one of whom likes to pose strangely for the camera. cheese--good. company--hilarious. wine--excellent, even if i don't really remember what we had. let's just say going with someone who knows the chef can earn you extra wine, which can lead to all kinds of other fun stuff.
- errand day! no fun for you to read.
- i bought random groceries on my way home while hungry, and had the most random dinner. i just had to open everything i bought and have a taste. damn you, trader joe/ming/giotto.
- raped my poor basil plant, which is still alive after a few weeks of being under my care, to make pesto from scratch. cleaning that food processor is a PITA.
- worked a lot of the day. yawn.
- grazed on above groceries. all. day. long. this working from home thing is no good for my waistline.
seriously, part-time work from home is the life. thank you, bear.