5.06.2008

pee-uh-knee

so gross-sounding, i know. pretty, and only $9.99 for a 5-stem bunch at whole foods, in various colors, the nicebigfat ones, price is good nationwide (per the florist today at my location). if your mama likes 'em, now's the time to buy. although they open up all super fast. the above were tight little balls when i bought them and took them to be wrapped. this was probably 15 minutes later. option 1: buy them now and give your mom convex blooms rather than concave. option 2: wait 'til saturday and find that they're sold out, or only the wilty bunches are left. freakin' delicate flowers. they did make my car smell nice.

i bought the above earlier today for a client who just had a baby girl a few weeks ago. my bouquet matched her outfit...yay for me! baby girl is huge, healthy, actually cute for a newborn. mother is glowing, her peppy self despite sleep-deprivation, fighting her hubs to hold her baby because they both want to so badly. father is smitten by his baby girl. they make a beautiful family. they will be amazing parents.

now to find something for my aalto vase that won't attract those damn gnats that have been plaguing us despite multiple massive cleanups. it will probably have to be dead/faux/not involving water. but but...i like treating myself to fresh flowers now and then. bah! flowers for everyone else it is.

12 comments:

  1. I don't like peonies :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with weemo, disagree with winnie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love pee-uh-nees. i might trek out to whole foods to get some as a gift to me for mother's day ;)

    wow, newborns are rarely cute. usually, they look all red and squished up. although, considering what they'd just been through...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate gnats too. Super hate. Peonies-meh. I hope you are able to find a way to keep your fresh flowers and boot the nasty gnats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I thought I was the only one who wasn't a peony fan. It's because they look like cabbage. I don't like cabbage. I don't eat kimchi. I'm a disgrace to the motherland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love peonies. I love most flowers, even Calla lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i triple heart peonies despite their unfortunate name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty peonies. I heard that you can put some vinegar in the water to keep them away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Booo for bugs! Yay for perrrrty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

comments are tasty!