- eating. all i can seem to keep down is jook (rice porridge) seasoned with no more than a few teaspoonfuls of soy sauce. the fact that reading my food blogs still makes me a bit nauseous makes me very, very sad.
- the sun. i heard it's unseasonably warm outside. i wouldn't know as it's never more than 69 degrees inside chez pomme de terre.
- both the bear and i being healthy. go away stomach bug/food poisoning and flu! you should see all the OTC remedies lined up on our kitchen counter right now.
- the social gatherings i will be missing this weekend. dim sum. brunch. sigh. oh well, it will give me time to check some things off my list in between visits to my porcelain bff-of-the-moment.
- intimacy with those with whom i should be intimate but am avoiding for one stupid reason or another.
- old studiomate besties. i've recently gotten back in touch with two. i will see one in seattle next month. her name is babyplats, short for baby platypus. i am supposedly her mother, but i am not a platypus. the other is soon marrying the guy that caused the coinage of local long distance many years ago. luckily, they are no longer local long distance, and they got engaged in iceland. ICELAND! she also happens to be a curly-haired (THE best curly hair. ever.) camaffe. as in camel + giraffe, duh. and yes, we made this up long before napoleon dynamite introduced pretty much his favorite [hybrid] animal, bred for its skills in magic to the world. yes, i'm a little bit nutty from being trapped inside for three days straight, and studio was a strange, magical place where interesting nicknames came about.
drawn by none other than yours truly, ca. 2002