so about those summer goals i had...
- find an internship.
i sent out close to 20 resumes. i got one interview. for an unpaid internship. it did not pan out.
- teach myself some software so i won't be as frantic trying to learn as i go this coming semester.
i maybe watched one tutorial. i did not follow along as i watched.
- use the laser cutter and leftover school materials to make some personal stationery and cards.
i thought about it a lot, but i didn't even sketch it.
- plant some herbs in pots for the porch/yard.
mother bear gave us some potted thai chili plants this weekend. the bear is taking care of them.
- draw and paint for fun.
- clean regularly.
ha. i did clean, but not regularly. and we even hired someone to clean the new place when we moved in. heh.
i didn't get my butt in gear until a couple of weeks ago. and i'm now only averaging about 2-3 times a week.
- read some school-related stuff including headache-inducing but brain-stimulating theory.
besides skimming blogs, nope.
- organize music library (rip all CDs, edit all ID3 tags and obtain album art, figure out what to load on the ipod nano vs. the iphone).
tedium ad nauseum. if i had a personal assistant as anal as i am, i would definitely add this to his/her list.
- organize computer files (between all three), back stuff up onto multiple external hard drives, give the bear a list of folders for auto backup so he can setup my auto backups.
another task for my imaginary assistant.
- make progress on never ending freelance project.
i did make decent progress but not as much as i wanted to.
- take a photo class.
- streamline email accounts and clean up saved email.
we'll see if i can maintain it during the school year, though.
- get a haircut.
- read for fun.
on top of the ones i wrote about earlier this summer, i have since also finished michael pollan's in defense of food and am now reading the omnivore's dilemma.
- bake a cake.
baked a few, tyvm.
- cook most weeknights and eat with the bear.
- hang out with the bear.
so much that i think he might be sick of me being home all the time. we both like having alone time and space. but he'll miss me soon enough.
this one i did a lot of.