2.02.2008

intent

Design is the application of intent--
the opposite of happenstance,
and an antidote to accident.
Robert L. Peters
perhaps why design appeals so much to me and is almost innate. but then again some of the best design solutions out there are a product of happenstance, accident, coincidence.

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
Aristotle
well, maybe if you aren't practicing quality, you do not give a chance to those supposed accidents, which maybe really are a product of constancy and perseverence, to occur. and if you don't have an intent in mind, maybe you won't be able to see that solution in the mess.

[quotes via swissmiss.]

3 comments:

  1. I am amused by one of the labels for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it when you get all deep and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this post made me feel smarter or more dumb.

    Whatever. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete

comments are tasty!